There are few substances more strong, durable and elegant than granite. Available in a number of naturally occurring colors and grains, granite is a beautiful, long-lasting way to commemorate your loved one or yourself. Regardless of the way that you choose to be interred, there are a number of different types of granite monuments that can be displayed at your burial site or at your memorial site of choice.
There are granite monuments capable of meeting the needs of people embalmed and buried using traditional methods, as well as those who were cremated, even if they chose to have their ashes scattered. Regardless of whether you’d like to use a park-style memorial bench to honor your legacy or are hoping for a more traditional gravestone, there’s no shortage of ways that you can use high-quality granite to preserve your name and legacy for decades.
Granite is the material of choice to make memorial monuments, and for good reason. It’s versatile, easy to form and exceptionally long-lasting. Found in deposits across the globe, it’s possible to identify and select a granite that meets your needs. Here are just a few benefits of granite to consider when selecting cemetery monuments in Phillipsburg, NJ:
- Superior mineral makeup: Granite is simply stronger, less permeable and less susceptible to erosion than virtually every other known stone in existence. Additionally, it’s exceptionally easy to form. While some people may prefer the look of more expensive stones, like marble, granite is far and away the superior choice.
- Easy to maintain: Unlike other natural stone surfaces, granite needs very little special attention. A small amount of routine care is all that’s needed to keep granite looking great. Granite is a user-friendly surface that virtually anyone can clean—many companies also offer affordable granite cleaning services.
- Lots of colors and grains: Granite is a mineral composite, meaning that it naturally includes a number of different types of colors and grains. Regardless of your personal preferences or the preferences of the decedent, you can find granite that perfectly matches your desires.
- Scratch and heat resistant: Some types of stones, including marble and sandstone, are very easy to scratch. Granite, however, is almost impossible to scratch. Additionally, granite is resistant to damage caused by both extreme heat and extreme cold, which can cause other stones to expand and contract.
- Rarely needs repairs: Granite stones almost never need to be repaired. This means that you can rest easy knowing that your monument or your loved one’s monument will remain in good condition for decades to come. In the event that your granite monument does chip or crack, however, it’s likely to be a relatively easy repair job when handled by a professional.
Phillipsburg Memorial Company is a premier provider of cemetery monuments in Phillipsburg, NJ. Since 1939, we’ve been providing residents of Phillipsburg and the surrounding areas with high-quality burial monuments that advance and honor their legacies. To learn more about our high-quality granite monuments, or to find out if our granite monuments are right for you or your loved one, reach out to one of our friendly experts today.
Categorised in: Uncategorized