Losing a loved one is never easy, but you can honor the memory of someone who has passed away by selecting a personalized monument that captures their legacy. Unfortunately, selecting a headstone isn’t always an easy process, especially if you haven’t done it before. The good news is that you can successfully select monuments in Phillipsburg, NJ by following a few simple tips to help you navigate the process:
- Consider the wishes of your loved one: If your loved one did any final planning, they may have requested a specific kind of headstone or inscription on their memorial. Even if you don’t know exactly what your loved one would have wanted, you can choose a memorial that expresses their personality and evokes the legacy that they left behind.
- Research cemetery regulations: Different cemeteries have different requirements and restrictions regarding memorials, and it’s important to do your research on these things before you choose a memorial. There are usually restrictions on the size of the headstone that you must be aware of depending on the type of plot you have. Some cemeteries also have requirements regarding the material that monuments are made of, and others require certain inscriptions on headstones.
- Select a material: Based on the cemetery’s requirements and the wishes of your loved one, you will need to select a material for the memorial. Granite and bronze are among the most common materials used for memorials in cemeteries. These materials are durable, last a long time and can usually be cleaned and maintained fairly easily. You can select from different color options depending on the type of material you choose, but you should be aware that some cemeteries restrict color selection to a few limited options.
- Choose an inscription: The inscription on the memorial should be informative while also honoring the person who has passed away. Most people choose to inscribe the name of the person who has died, the day they were born and the day they passed away, at minimum. If you want to add an epitaph to the memorial, you should choose something that your loved one would have wanted to be remembered by. Take your time when choosing an epitaph to ensure that you are happy with your inscription before it’s added.
- Work with a reputable monument provider: Once you’ve made some decisions about the type of monument you want, it’s important to get professional assistance from a company that specializes in monuments in Phillipsburg, NJ. They will be able to turn your vision into a reality and create something that honors the life of your loved one.
Find out more about monuments in Philipsburg, NJ by reaching out to Phillipsburg Memorial Company. Our family owned and operated firm has been serving clients since 1939 with granite memorials, bronze plaques, cemetery lettering and cleaning and more. Our team has extensive experience working with a wide variety of clients to produce completely unique memorials so that you can commemorate your loved one with something that’s one of a kind. Give us a call today to find out more about what we have to offer or get started with our services.
Categorised in: Headstone