When it comes to your loved ones, end-of-life arrangements and the conversations that precede them can be difficult and stressful. More and more families are choosing to start making arrangements before the need arises in order to reduce pressure at the end of life and make time and space to grieve properly. There are many reasons to make arrangements in advance, including buying a memorial headstone in Phillipsburg, NJ:
- Meet expectations: One reason why many people choose to buy a memorial in advance is to make sure their loved one’s expectations are met, as well as their own. Making these important decisions can be difficult when the need arises, and you won’t be able to get your loved one’s input on their end-of-life wishes.
- Express yourself: Buying a memorial headstone in Phillipsburg, NJ in advance ensures that you have the input into your stone yourself, and gives you the opportunity to express yourself and leave your legacy.
- A time of closeness: Coming together with your family during this time and choosing a pre-need memorial can be a time of closeness. Families can discuss the artistic design and personalization of the memorial together, allowing time to create something that accurately reflects their loved one’s interests, accomplishments and importance.
- Control over costs: When buying a memorial headstone in advance, you are able to have more control over costs, as time constraints are less of an issue. Your loved one may also want to control how much their family spends on their memorial, so planning ahead of time can give them a sense of control and ensure their family does not spend too much.
- Clear thinking: Making these important decisions before grief is important, because not only does it allow the time and space to grieve when necessary, but it takes the pressure off the decisions in the moment, allowing for clear thinking and decision making. This ensures that the memorial you choose is created in accord with your loved one’s wishes as well as your family’s.
- Relieves stress: There is much to stress about when it comes to the end of the life of a loved one. Making pre-arrangements relieves the stress of planning end-of-life events when the time comes, and helps with financial stress as well. The deceased can take control of costs if he or she wishes, and you’ll know the service is what he or she wanted.
Phillipsburg Memorial Company provides local-area residents with a wide range of cemetery markers and memorial headstones in Phillipsburg, NJ, as well as other monuments. We’re committed to helping customers find the monuments that honor their loved one’s life and preserve their legacy. We provide monuments, slant-faced monuments, specialty monuments, bevel pillow markers, cremation stones, restoration and cleaning services and lettering and etching services. We want you to have the options and choices that best suit you or your loved one so you can reduce the stress of end-of-life planning and focus on celebrating the life of your loved one. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions regarding end-of-life planning and choosing the right monument.
Categorised in: Headstone