Many cemeteries have certain requirements and regulate the headstones that are placed on graves. These rules and regulations will cover everything from material and size to the type of headstone that’s used.
If you’re investing in specialty memorials in Phillipsburg, NJ, it’s worthwhile to check the regulations of your chosen cemetery. After all, it’s important to be as prepared as possible, as errors could potentially jeopardize the memorial you’ve worked hard to create. Read on to find out the leading requirements for different kinds of memorials:
- Types of headstones: The cemetery may require headstones to be upright or flat. They may have standards for bronze grave markers or require flat granite markers. It’s also possible that they have standards for veterans’ markers or for children. Each cemetery keeps these requirements in place to provide a uniform appearance and to maintain community standards.
- Flower vases: You may be interested in including a flower vase in bronze or granite with the headstone to keep flowers looking fresh. However, you’ll want to check with the cemetery first to see if this is allowed.
- Colors: Cemeteries often require that only certain colors of granite be used. You don’t want to select a headstone without first knowing whether the color will be acceptable.
- Companion memorials: Some people prefer to be buried side by side, such as couples. Depending on the cemetery, they may require the husband or wife to be on one side of the memorial or the other.
- Size: Some cemeteries have maximum and minimum sizes for headstones. You’ll want to be sure that the headstone you’re planning falls within these requirements.
- Bronze coloring: If you’re considering a bronze marker, keep in mind that oxidation will change the color of the marker over time. Bronze coloring in dark and light brown is acceptable at most cemeteries. Again, you’ll want to check the particular cemetery’s restrictions before moving forward.
- Paperwork: The cemetery will likely require you to fill out a permit or authorization form prior to the headstone being installed. These will require your signature, along with that of the cemetery’s owner. You may also be required to pay an installation fee to the cemetery, as they will provide maintenance of the headstone.
When you’re looking for something truly exceptional in specialty memorials in Phillipsburg, NJ, we hope you’ll choose Phillipsburg Memorial Company to create your memorial of choice. The community has trusted us to provide a variety of cemetery markers and memorial monuments for more than eight decades. We’re committed to helping our customers find memorial stones that honor and preserve their legacy or the legacy of their loved one.
Our family owned and operated business takes the wishes of every one of our valued customers very seriously. We know how important it is to you to honor the life of your loved one and to grieve in your own way, and our goal is to ensure that an attractive, well-made memorial is created to help you with this process. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Categorised in: Headstone