Times are tough after the passing of a loved one. The last thing you want to think about while grieving is memorial stone inscriptions in Phillipsburg, NJ. Though you don’t want to rush it, the task will need to be done sooner rather than later. That’s where we can help—follow the tips below to help come up with a beautiful inscription:
- Take your time: As we just mentioned above, it’s vital that you take some time to purchase the right headstone, let alone come up with an inscription. There’s nothing wrong with waiting a few months or even a year to buy the headstone and inscribe it with thoughtful words that will honor your loved one’s memory.
- Look for inspiration: A quick Google search can result in thousands of possible gravestone wording ideas in Phillipsburg, NJ. Along with getting an idea of how to word your inscription, you can find examples of different fonts used, or even the shape of the stone. Our team at Phillipsburg Memorial Company can also be a helpful source of inspiration.
- Avoid copying others: Though we do recommend looking for inspiration, don’t be a copycat! Each monument should be as unique as the individual it memorializes. For example, starting the headstone with “in loving memory” might sound like a good idea at the time, but you don’t necessarily want your loved one’s headstone to be the same as every other one in the cemetery.
- Keep it simple: Often, the less wordy the headstone, the better. We find that shorter inscriptions are often more powerful than much longer ones. For best results, we recommend writing a few drafts of the inscription and shortening it as much as you can.
- It’s about more than words: Along with the words themselves, great headstones also have the right design, letterforms and stone shape. When you ask us for some gravestone wording ideas in Phillipsburg, NJ, we can also help you choose all of the other aspects of the stone. We can also advise on the necessary material, as choosing between granite, limestone and other materials may be difficult.
- The epitaph: You don’t necessarily need to have an epitaph on the headstone, but it can be a nice touch. Epitaphs don’t have to be on the front of the headstone, either—they can run along the top and sides of the stone, or go on the back side if you need a longer one. Our professionals can help you decide the perfect placement for the epitaph.
- Hire the right memorial company: Last, but certainly not least, you’ll need to hire the right team to inscribe and set your headstone. When you choose a well-established company like ours, you can rest easy knowing you’ll get a beautifully inscribed and designed headstone that will stand the test of time.
If you need to purchase a gravestone or need someone to help you with memorial stone inscriptions in Phillipsburg, NJ, come see the experts at Phillipsburg Memorial Company. From installation to cleaning and restoration, we’re your trusted source for everything related to memorial stones.
Categorised in: Headstone