Your headstone says a lot about the person you were before you passed and is a constant reminder of the person you were for anyone who sees it. That being said, choosing your own headstone or a headstone for a loved one can be difficult. There are a few things that you can keep in mind when choosing a headstone that makes the process a bit easier.
Tips for Choosing Headstones
When it comes to your headstone, there are a few things you can think about to help make the selection process go a bit faster.
1. Choosing the stone – You must first choose the stone that the headstone will be made of. There are a ton of different materials that you can choose from, granite, marble, different color of marble and more. The type of stone you choose should be something you love and that works for you overall.
2. The design – You also need to think about the shape of the stone. There are traditional shapes that are very classic and that will be in style forever, then you can go for stones that are a bit more unique and that have shapes that reflect what the person who passed loved.
3. Size – The next thing you need to consider is the stone’s size. Do you want a very large stone, something smaller, a double stone for two people and so on? The size of the stone affects the cost and will determine how expensive a stone ultimately ends up being.
4. Choosing grave markings and headstone etching designs – This is one of the most personal parts of headstone design. This includes the epitaph, the name of the deceased, and any special remarks or designs you want to add to the stone to make it truly special. This is a fantastic way to make a stone yours or to make sure that it reflects the person who has passed.
5. Take your time – This is something that cannot be stressed enough. You do need to take your time when choosing a stone. A headstone is expensive; it cannot be changed easily or quickly. Making sure you love the stone that you choose is a must. Taking your time to choose a stone that is going to work for you and that is going to look great is a must.
Your headstone is one of the most unique and special parts of any burial, and a stone you love is a must.
Categorised in: Headstone